Python is the world's most popular and fastest growing computer programming language. It is a multi-purpose and high-level programming language. Python was invented by Guido Van Rossum in the year 1989, but it was introduced into the market on 20th February 1991.
The Python programming language has been using by many people like Software Engineers, Data Analysts, Network Engineers, Mathematicians, Accountants, Scientists, and many more. Using Python, one can solve complex problems in less time with fewer lines of code.
Guido Van Rossum
Features of Python
The Python is a very popular programming language with the following features.
- The Python is a easy to learn and easy to understand computer programming language.
- The Python is a interpreted programming language. It executes the code line by line.
- The Python is a cross-platform programming language. It can be used with any operating system like Windows, Linux, MAC OS etc.
- The Python is a free and open source programming language.
- The Python is a Object Oriented, Procedural and Functional programming language
- The Python is a multi-purpose programming language
- The Python is a high-level programming language
- Python has a huge Community to get help all over the globe.
- Python has large Ecosystem of Libraries, Frameworks, and Tools to work with it.
Where we use the Python
The Python programming language has very vide range of applications and few of them are listed below.
- Data analysis
- Artificial intelligence / Machine learning
- Mobile Apps
- Desktop Apps
- Web Apps
- Testing and more...
History of the Python
The Python programming language was invented by Guido Van Rossum in the year 1989. The first version of Python was released into the market on 20th Feb 1991 later it has realsed with different versions. The following table provides list of versions released in teh Python.
|S. No.||Version||Release Date|
|1||Python 1.0||January 1994|
|2||Python 1.5||December 31, 1997|
|3||Python 1.6||September 5, 2000|
|4||Python 2.0||October 16, 2000|
|5||Python 2.1||April 17, 2001|
|6||Python 2.2||December 21, 2001|
|7||Python 2.3||July 29, 2003|
|8||Python 2.4||November 30, 2004|
|9||Python 2.5||September 19, 2006|
|10||Python 2.6||October 1, 2008|
|11||Python 2.7||July 3, 2010|
|12||Python 3.0||Feb. 13, 2009|
|13||Python 3.1||June 26, 2009|
|14||Python 3.2||Feb. 20, 2011|
|15||Python 3.3||Sept. 29, 2012|
|16||Python 3.4||March 17, 2014|
|17||Python 3.5||Sept. 13, 2015|
|18||Python 3.6||Dec. 23, 2016|
|19||Python 3.7||June 27, 2018|
|20||Python 3.7.3||March 25, 2019|
Still more versions has released and the above table is provided with major releses only.